Thursday, August 16, 2007

A visit from Oma and Opa

Oma and her girls :) Karissa is trying to be such a helper by wiping Chloe's face - don't think she actually spit up, but hey, it's the thought that counts... Oma was quite happy to have them both on her lap!
Joel's parents brought out the ATV and Opa found this helmet at Canadian Tire. He saw it and thought that Karissa had to have it... She loves her Pooh bear! She had a riot on the ATV, her favourite thing to do (when she wasn't trying to press buttons that she wasn't supposed to!) was pushing Joel's thumb that was on the gas... she loves the speed! For her, faster was better! (our little daredevil)
I got these while we were out on the ATV - had to post them to show you "non-prarie" folk the gorgeous view that we have!
I'm sure this farmer thought I was kinda crazy - who wants a picture of a combine at work? Well, we won't live here forever, I'm sure, and it'd be kinda fun to have in a scrapbook.
Karissa was enthralled with Angel chasing her stick. Joel managed to get this shot as Angel was waiting for me to throw her stick, which actually happened to be a log from the fire pile :)
On Tuesday we went to a little town called Willow Bunch. It was about 1.5 hours south of Moose Jaw. What a cute little town! We stopped at the Jean Louis Legare National Park for lunch and Karissa had a blast on the playground. She loves that merry-go-round! Anything that goes around she's up for :) The park was incredibly quiet and really well-kept - maybe next year we'll get really ambitious and go camping there!
Opa sure had fun with his granddaughters - he even attempted the slide!
Our future basketball star!!!
We stopped at a little museum in Willow Bunch. It used to be a convent and they turned it into a museum. Cute little place! This man, Jean Beauparte, made Willow Bunch famous... he was the tallest man in Canada! When he died he was 8 foot 2 (I think) and apparently was still growing... he wore size 22 shoes and slept in a 9 foot bed. They have a room dedicated to him with some of this things in it.... very interesting!
Well, now we look forward to James and Lesley coming out! What a busy month - but fun! It's so great to see everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Beys said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun:) I love the Pooh helmet!! Have fun with James and Lesley, we're home from holidays now so I'll call you soon so we can catch up.

9:45 PM  
Blogger christy said...

Hey MEl remeber me from Kid's Club way back when. I was at Jens' house last ngiht for a card party and saw your girls pictures on the fridge. My little girl who is 17 months is named Janae, I see your second has the same name for her middle name, good choice!! So how have you been it has been a very long time! I have a blog as well at www.jefremows.blogspot.com

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jen S. said...

hey, that's funny that you wrote that Christy... b/c I forgot to tell you Mel... not only did Christy look at my fridge and say she recognized you (of course) but someone else did too. mmm. Brian and Korinne (look at her link from my blog, see if you know them)... you're one popular girl around my house!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home